If you have been injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligent or reckless conduct, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The best way to protect your rights is to contact an experienced personal injury attorney at Bradford Law.
We regularly represent injury victims in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina and have an impressive record of achieving substantial settlements and jury awards. We offer free consultations and will charge no attorneys’ fees until we recover for you. Contact us today so we can start working on your claim.
Bradford Law Handles All Types of Personal Injury Claims In Charlotte, NC
We have extensive experience representing individuals throughout North Carolina who have been injured as a result of a wide range of accidents, including:
- Car accidents – Because North Carolina is an at-fault state for purposes of auto insurance, the other driver must be found liable for you to have a valid claim. Our car accident lawyer will work to prove the other driver’s negligence and get you the maximum compensation you deserve for your Charlotte car accident.
- Workplace accidents – If you have suffered a work-related injury or an occupational illness, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, there are strict procedural rules for filing claims, which are often contested by insurers and employers. Having an experienced workers’ compensation attorney in Charlotte can mean the difference between obtaining the benefits you deserve and having your claim denied.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one is never easy, but even more trying when their death was caused by another party’s negligence. Let our attorneys help you file a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain just compensation.
- Slip and fall accidents – All property owners in North Carolina have a legal obligation to maintain their property, repair any safety defects, and warn visitors of any hazards. While anyone can be injured in a slip-and-fall accident, seniors are at a higher risk of being seriously or fatally injured. The attorneys at Bradford Law are highly skilled in holding owners of private, commercial, and public property accountable for slip and fall accidents in Charlotte that result in serious injuries.
- Premises liability – Our legal team regularly handles premises liability lawsuits arising from slips and falls, dog bites, and negligent security, and has a proven history of achieving positive outcomes through negotiation and litigation in Charlotte.
- Bicycle Accidents – Drivers in Charlotte must be aware of their surroundings and be on the lookout for bicyclists. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, our personal injury attorney will see to it that you obtain the medical and financial resources you need to recover.
- Bus accidents – Traveling by bus is safer than most forms of transportation, but when a bus accident occurs, passengers and occupants of other vehicles can be seriously injured. Our attorneys understand the laws governing both common carriers and private bus companies and know how to hold responsible parties accountable for bus accidents that happen in the Charlotte metropolitan area.
- Motorcycle accidents – Despite the public bias against motorcyclists as being reckless thrill-seekers, they have as much right to be on the road as other motorists. Because motorcycle riders are at a high risk of being seriously injured in an accident, it takes an aggressive attorney to get you all the compensation you deserve if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident.
- Rideshare accidents – Uber and Lyft have disrupted the public transportation model in North Carolina and around the country. With so many rideshare vehicles on the road today, rideshare accidents are becoming increasingly common. Because these accidents are governed by different insurance laws than other motor vehicle accidents, it is essential to consult an experienced rideshare accident attorney if you or a loved one has been injured.
- Truck accidents – Drivers in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina have no choice but to share the roads and highways with trucks and tractor-trailers. Given that a typical commercial truck outweighs a passenger vehicle by several thousand pounds, a collision can result in catastrophic injuries and fatalities to the occupants of the smaller vehicle. Our truck accident attorneys know how to hold negligent trucking companies and truck drivers accountable for harming others on the road.
- Construction accidents – Construction workers have a right to a safe environment, however, construction accidents are common. While injured workers are generally covered by workers’ compensation insurance, we can help you file a personal injury lawsuit if the construction accident that caused your injuries resulted from safety violations or third-party negligence.
- Dog bites/attacks – North Carolina holds dog owners strictly liable for any dog bite regardless of whether they knew the dog had a propensity to be dangerous. A serious dog bite can cause permanent disfigurement and lasting emotional harm, which makes it essential to have an experienced dog bite attorney handle your claim.
Regardless of the type of accident that caused your injuries, trust Bradford Law to handle your personal injury claim with care and diligence and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The damages you may be awarded in a personal injury claim depend on factors such as the type of accident, the extent of your injuries, and whether you were liable in any way. Notably, the rules of contributory negligence govern personal injury claims in North Carolina, which means you cannot recover damages if you were even partially responsible for the accident.
This is why it is crucial to work with our firm; we have the skills and determination to prove the other party was at fault. You can depend on us to fight to help you obtain meaningful compensation that includes economic and non-economic damages.
How long do you have to file a personal injury claim in NC?
At Bradford Law, we understand the importance of timely action when it comes to personal injury claims in North Carolina. The statute of limitations is a critical factor that can significantly impact your ability to seek compensation for injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. In North Carolina, the general statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is three years from the date of the injury.
Our experienced team at Bradford Law specializes in personal injury cases, with a track record of successfully representing clients throughout North Carolina. With over a decade of dedicated practice, we have built a reputation for our commitment to justice and our unwavering advocacy on behalf of our clients.
It’s important to note that while the three-year time frame is the standard for most personal injury cases, there can be exceptions and nuances that may affect your specific situation. For example, claims involving government entities, medical malpractice, or delayed discovery of injuries may have different deadlines. Our knowledgeable attorneys at Bradford Law are well-versed in North Carolina’s complex legal landscape and can provide you with expert guidance tailored to your unique circumstances.
Economic Damages From Your Charlotte, North Carolina Injury
Economic damages will cover actual financial losses, such as:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
Non-Economic Damages From Your Charlotte, North Carolina Injury
Non-economic damages in your Charlotte personal injury claim are intended to compensate you for intangible losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You should be aware that the statute of limitations in North Carolina requires you to file a personal injury claim within 3 years of the date of your injury. The sooner you call our office, the sooner we can start working on your claim.
Contact Our Experienced Charlotte, North Carolina Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, Bradford Law can help. We will guide you through every step of the process and handle all the details so that you can focus on healing. Contact our office today to get started if you have been injured in an accident around Charlotte or the surrounding metropolitan area.